Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
The placement of communities like Tarrytown and Elmsford on the Hudson and other major water bodies leaves many properties contending with humidity and moisture concerns throughout the year. When mold results from prolonged dampness, our remediators arrive fast to help with:
- Mold removal
- Attic mold removal
- Mold remediation
- Black mold damage repairs
Protecting the Structure Through Containment
Microbial organisms spread rapidly in moist environments, making efforts like containment worthy efforts to prevent the situation from worsening. Containment is a direct measure our SERVPRO team can take to limit the movement and potential damage that mold spores can cause in a household. For effective management, physical barriers constructed with plastic sheeting and wood framing seal off work zones.
Remediation Strategies for Damaged Homes
Choosing the appropriate mold removal strategies is critical to protecting a home and its contents from more significant damage. In many cases, our team implements successful surface cleaning strategies to prevent widespread abrasive cleanings like media blasting and sanding. We have a considerable array of potential mold removal tactics.
Are Mold Damage Repairs Necessary?
Mold can have a destructive impact on the structure of your home. Hosting elements like drywall, wood, and other organic matter deteriorates as it becomes a food source for the spreading colony. Controlled demolition becomes a necessary means of remediation, requiring mold damage repairs and reconstruction of these compromised points. Our contractor license lets us complete this work.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (914) 358-9000
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Tarrytown / Elmsford?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
In as little as 48 hours, a minor mold issue can quickly spread through a home or business. Once you contact us, we’re dedicated to starting the remediation process quickly. This fast response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, with advance training in restoration techniques and the experience and specialized equipment to quickly restore your property.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our initial focus is to stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber. We invest in ongoing mold remediation training and the latest equipment to serve you better
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (914) 358-9000
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mold because sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mold and learn about the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Tarrytown / Elmsford is close by and ready to help with your mold-damaged property. We are proud to be an active member of the Tarrytown community and want to pitch in and help make our community the best it can be.
When a major storm or event occurs, we can call upon our national network of 2120 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams if we need additional resources or personnel.
We are proud to serve our local communities: