Recent Cleaning Posts
Specialty Cleaning Services
Plants on white table with couch behind
Specialty Cleaning Services
Life happens. Kids spill drinks, pets have accidents and homes get dirty. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals have the expertise to provide a deeper clean than your basic house cleaning service. The residential cleaning services performed by SERVPRO professionals will not only ease the burden of the constant maintenance of your home, but will also create a safe, clean and comfortable living environment for you and your family.
SERVPRO of Tarrytown/Elmsford offers cleaning services ranging from cleaning restaurant hoods to removing biohazard contaminants. We have the specialized training and products to get your property back to business. Our cleaning services include the following:
· Air Ducts and HVAC
· Biohazard and Sewage
· Trauma and Crime Scene
· Carpet and Upholstery
· Drapes and Blinds
· Ceilings, Walls, and Hard Floors
· Odor Removal and Deodorization
· Vandalism and Graffiti Removal
· Hard to reach Cleaning
· Warehouse and Industrial Cleaning
· Conveyor Belts System Cleaning
Have Questions? Call Today – 914-358-9000
Cure a Musty Basement
Rubber Glove finger pointing to mildew on corner
Cure a Musty Basement
There are 4 types of water proofing that you can do for your basement
1.Concrete waterproofing coatings: These thick coatings are cement-like; once dry, they adhere permanently to concrete and masonry walls. You apply the coating with a heavy brush made with tampico bristles — a natural fiber. Swirl the brush at the final stage of application to give the wall an attractive, finished look.
2.Silicate-based concrete sealers, also known as densifiers, are also suitable only for walls that haven’t been painted or sealed. The sealers soak in and chemically react with ingredients in the concrete or brick, forming a hard, waterproof surface.
3.Waterproofing paint is an acrylic formula, not all that different from ordinary wall paint. But you brush, roll, or spray it on much more thickly — one gallon covers just 75 square feet, not the 300 square feet typical with standard paint.
4.Plastic sheets and panels are suitable as wall waterproofing only in combination with interior basement drainage systems. They don’t stop water from getting through the wall, but they do stop it from ruining things in the basement.
None of these products will work unless cracks and gaps are properly sealed. So make sure you fill cracks and gaps!
Let Us Clean Your Walls and Ceilings
Let Us Clean Your Walls and Ceilings
Ceiling and wall cleaning should be part of the cleaning maintenance of your home or business. You should also clean walls before painting so that the primer and paint can adhere properly. Whether you are preparing to paint or just looking for professional cleaning, SERVPRO of Tarrytown/Elmsford can help!
Ceilings and walls are exposed to dirt and dust, pet dander, cooking oils and grease, cigarette smoke, and other contaminants. Your heating and air conditioning system can distribute these contaminants throughout your property. Learn more about cleaning. Using SERVPRO of Tarrytown/Elmsford's time-tested and industry-approved steps, along with our proprietary cleaning products and methods, SERVPRO of Tarrytown/Elmsford Franchise Professionals strive to restore your ceilings and walls without the need to repaint or refinish and to help the entire property smell fresh.
Call SERVPRO of Tarrytown/Elmford today at (914) 358-9000!
Red and White dog laying on carpet
There’s nothing less inviting than walking into a home with a bad smell. There are many things that can contribute to a home’s less than rosy scent. Pets, smoke, mold and mildew, and cooking can create odors that permeate the air and linger around.
As experts in deodorization, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are trained to identify and eliminate offensive odors. These odors can come from a number of sources both inside and outside a structure.
SERVPRO teaches IICRC technical classes in the proper removal of odors. Masking and other short cuts don't work when your odor problem is serious or persistent.
Your local SERVPRO Franchise Professional has the training and equipment to identify and eliminate these offensive odors. By identifying the cause of the odor and determining the conditions in which it contacts any surfaces, the odor can often be removed over time without a trace.
The science of identifying and eliminating odors can be a tricky thing, so give us a call at (914) 358-9000 and leave the restoration to us!
Dry Ice Blasting
Technician performing dry ice blasting in customer's attic
What is Dry Ice Blasting?
Dry ice blasting is a revolutionary blasting method that uses dry ice pellets. (Co2 in solid form) as the blasting material. The process is very environmentally friendly and provides a fast and effective alternative to traditional methods of cleaning industrial production equipment.
The Benefits to Dry Ice Blasting
- A Dry cleaning process - Dry ice blasting is a completely dry process because dry ice pellets consist of CO2 and vaporize immediately on contact with the surface to be cleaned.
- No waste disposal - The system produces no waste products. Only the coating that has been removed remains to be disposed of, and this can usually be swept or vacuumed from the floor.
- Environmentally friendly - Dry Ice blasting is completely non-toxic and no hazardous chemicals are used. Costs connected with disposal of blasting materials and solvents are saved.
- No abrasion - Dry ice blasting is non-abrasive and therefore surfaces are treated very gently. Wear and tear resulting from the use of steel brushes, scrapers and other blasting materials is avoided.
- Improved production quality - Dry ice blasting often allows for your production equipment to be cleaned while in operation without a need for dismantling or costly downtime.
Dry Ice Blasting is a Three-Step Process
- Kinetic - When Dry ice pellets are accelerated in a jet of compressed air and strike a surface at the speed of sound, they crack and loosen the coating of the surface being treated.
- Thermal - The low temperature of dry ice pellets (-79 degree C/110 Degree F) makes the coating brittle, cracks it and loosens it. This allows dry ice to permeate the coating.
- Sublimation - dry ice penetrates the coating and immediately sublimes (passes directly from solid to vapor state). This results in a 700-fold increase in volume, an explosive effect that lifts the coating off the surface.
Have a Healthy Home
Before and After photo of air ducts with mold and no mold
Have a Healthy Home
Cleaner Air Means a Healthy Home
Dirty ducts can circulate odors and contaminants like mold and irritating dust throughout the home. Your SERVPRO Franchise Professional uses a proven Portable Ventilation and Duct Cleaning System to examine ductwork and make a clean sweep, removing years of dust and grime.
What are the Benefits of Cleaning Ducts and HVAC?
- It Lowers indoor air pollution
- Reduces pet dander
- Eliminates offensive odors
- Restores peak operating condition
- Prolongs the life of your systems
Clean Air in the Home
- Children in homes with high levels of mold show persistent, cold-like symptoms -300% more than those in clean environments.
- Every year about 40 pounds of dust is generated 1,500 square feet in a home.
- Roughly 80 Percent of the particles you see floating in your home in a ray of sunshine are dead human skin.
Call SERVPRO of Tarrytown/Elmsford at (914) 358-9000
Here to Help® Gyms Reopen!
Empty Gym Floor with equipment and machines
Gyms play a vital role in keeping people healthy and happy. Allow us to help protect what matters most.
SERVPRO of Tarrytown/Elmsford is being called on by numerous businesses to perform the necessary services to clean, disinfect and sanitize their properties.
All our cleanup practices are in accordance with the guidelines provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call us today at (914) 358-9000, we are Here to Help®
About Us: As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Tarrytown/Elmsford is always ready to help with your restoration needs! Joseph and Denise Comilloni have been working hard to make sure every customer’s property damage is remediated with the highest quality possible since 2005. They have lived in this area their entire lives and have been involved in the communities they serve. As a trusted leader in the restoration industry, SERVPRO of Tarrytown/Elmsford provides 24-hour, 7 days a week, residential and commercial services. As a locally owned and operated business, we’re dedicated to being faster to any size disaster, with the training, equipment, and expertise to handle your restoration and cleaning needs. Our mission is to help minimize the interruption to your life as quickly as possible and make it "Like it never even happened."
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Tarrytown/Elmsford today at 914-358-9000 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.