Rapid, Effective Water Damage Results in Tarrytown
Choose Water Damage Restoration with SERVPRO in Tarrytown
Once a destructive water event occurs in your home or commercial property, you need to act fast. Water travels quickly into dry spaces, saturating building materials and creating moisture pockets in hidden areas. Moisture migration stops when skilled water restoration technicians (WRT) are there to handle water removal services and drying. SERVPRO is available 24/7 to begin water mitigation and restoration efforts to bring your property back to pre-water event condition, “Like it never even happened.”
Locally Owned and Operated SERVPRO for Water Damage in Tarrytown
We care about area residents and business owners, so we bring care, experience, and precision to each water damage restoration project in Tarrytown. Early intervention is critical while following our restore versus replace motto, which helps prevent avoidable secondary damage and cuts the overall restoration cost.
Containment is Vital when Addressing Water Damage
Once we arrive and perform the initial assessment of the areas impacted, containment measures get put into place. We work with poly sheeting and other methods to create physical barriers while our technicians implement power-drying techniques around work zone perimeters. Everything gets done to cut back on moisture migration or track any soils present within the affected areas. Our basic drying principles include the following major elements:
- Proper airflow
- Optimum temperature
- Humidity reduction
How Do Water Removal Services Work?
SERVPRO focuses on handling the extraction of standing water almost immediately upon arrival. We have various strategies to address pooling and surface water within your structure using a combination of industrial-grade tools and equipment in our inventory. Some of the elements used include:
- Pumps – Including submersible, gas-powered, truck-mounted extractors, etc.
- Extractors – Including extensions and attachments to get into areas like carpeting, carpet padding, wood plank floors, etc.
- Vacuums – Lightweight, portable vacuum units are great for handling shallow pooling, multi-story structures, etc.
All Water Affected Areas Need Thorough Drying for the Best Results
There is no one way to handle drying in all water damage projects. Each property is unique, so our IICRC-certified technicians adapt as needed, adjusting the number of drying equipment units to achieve our goals. We handle all levels of drying to return your property to pre-water loss condition, including:
- Cavities and tight spaces – We must remain diligent in drying areas where water may have become trapped. This includes cavities behind walls, under stairwells, beneath cabinetry, and more. In some cases, we put boreholes (weep holes) into the walls and force air inside to speed up the drying process.
- Surface level drying – Whatever water is not pulled up by pumps, squeegees, and vacuums must be dried with equipment like industrial-grade box fans and centrifugal air movers.
- Building materials – Any building materials impacted by moisture must get dried, including drywall, carpeting, flooring, and structural wood.
What Equipment Does SERVPRO Have that I Don’t?
Many of the tools and equipment we stock our Green Fleet with are either unattainable or difficult to find in traditional stores. For example, dehumidification equipment is paramount with all water-related calls:
- These units are highly effective, even in colder conditions.
- The dehumidifiers pull moisture from the air with chemical attraction rather than condensation.
- We often utilize this humidifier style when pulling water from challenging materials, such as hardwood flooring.
- These units work to lower and maintain relative humidity (RH), condensing airborne water molecules into liquid.
- They feature a double cooling system that facilitates more moisture removal.
- The units are great in challenging spaces with higher amounts of moisture.
Whether a commercial or residential water damage incident, big or small, you can count on SERVPRO of Tarrytown/Elmsford to get results. Request help online or call us for 24/7 response at (914) 358-9000.